STORAGE AREA Rules
- 1. The storage is for members of the MHYC ONLY.
- 2. Only one (1) spot per member is allowed regardless of how many properties are owned.
- 3. Items placed in the storage area must meet certain criteria which includes but is not limited to the following:
- •Board authorized space assignment
- •Proper identification of item(s) which includes your name, address, and phone number. This information must be visibly displayed on the item(s).
- •Items allowed include: 1) motor vehicles 2) trailers 3) boats on trailers. Any other item must be approved by the ACB before it can be placed there.
- •Current tags (if applicable).
- •Item(s) secured properly in case of high wind which is imperative during hurricane season (June 1st until December 1st). They will consist of screw type anchors that are a minimum of 2 feet long and screwed into the ground until one (1) inch below surface level.
- •Item(s) must be clean and neat in appearance.
- 4. A notification will be sent to the member if the item(s) does not
meet any or all of the criteria listed above. The member will then have thirty (30) days to correct the issue or appropriate action will be taken. This action could include removal of the item from the storage area (at the owner’s expense), denying future storage requests, imposition of a fine, and/or all of the above.
- 5. If the item is covered, canvas is preferred over plastic i.e. plastic tarps. Canvas will withstand our heat and humidity much better.
- 6. It is wise to have insurance on any stored item. If perchance your item damages someone else’s property, you will be held responsible.
- 7. Electrical outlets may be used for battery charging ONLY. The cost is $10.00 per month payable in advance to the MHYC. Storage in this area will be on a first serve basis. If a member uses the electricity for any other purpose i.e. air conditioning, the item will be expelled from the storage area (at the owner’s expense) and future requests for any type of storage will be denied.
- The Moore Haven Yacht Club Homeowners Association will not be held legally responsible for any liability, damage, or theft claims in the storage area or on any other areas of common grounds. Members must abide by the criteria set forth in order to use this benefit.
Board of Directors MHYC HOA Revised July 2017